Preventive Pet Medicine
Prevention is often the key to ongoing health for your pet. We recommend annual examinations for each one of our patients in order to help us keep track of developing conditions and to ensure that your pet’s health is ongoing. During an annual physical, we examine your pet from nose to tail, checking for a number of things, often including the following, depending on your pet’s age and health status:
- Wellness blood work for pets over the age of 7
- Physical examinations that include eyes, ears, oral, and skin examinations
- Weight check to confirm pet is at a healthy weight (overweight pets are at a higher risk for diabetes and other health risks)
- Dental disease
- Blood chemistries, as appropriate
- Diagnostic testing and allergy testing, as appropriate
- Mobility or lameness exam
- …and more
We also use the opportunity to make sure that your pet is up-to-date on their preventatives and vaccinations, making sure they are not only in good standing with their health but that they continue to be healthy.
"We love the care you take of all patients. I will be eternally grateful for the care you took of Allie."